Sunday, February 10, 2008

First blog entry since last year.

I have finally gathered up my motivation to write the first journal entry since last year. Anyways, it has been a "cold winter" so far in Japan supposedly. We got the first snowfall for this winter today, maybe about an inch or two. It didn't stick for long because the temperatures weren't quite low enough. But that's to be expected here. I felt it was a good change, not seeing the snow at all this winter. Maybe after 6 winters of seeing lots of snow, it became a part of my life. Who knows. Either way, it gave a nice enough change to the scenery that I wish I had my camera with me. But then again, I won't be surprised if that opportunity never comes around again til next winter. We shall see.

Now, riding my bicycle with slick tires in the snow, was interesting. Even with the little snow we got, it was pretty slippery. I imagine that any kind of progress would not be possible if it was the snow was packed. Maybe I should get a set of semi-knobby tires for occasions as such.

Next Monday is a holiday to celebrate the date Japan was founded. I don't know much about the history of how it came to be, but it's on the 11th of February. All I know for sure, is that I don't have to go into work that day. It wasn't the most exciting post, but I will try to update it more often.

Maybe I might take my bike out for a ride tomorrow if it's nice.